SEO, as we all know, is search engine optimization. SEO is the optimization of online content to increase site traffic through site visits and logins. The more traffic a site gets, the more money they can make from their website, this is majorly how lots of businesses are formed and funded.
The key to SEO is understanding the algorithm being used by the search website, be it Google, Bing or even yelp. It is not as easy as it sounds and in fact, it is incredibly complicated because no search website will reveal the algorithms to their search engines, so you must constantly work around the various known parameters to give you the desired results.
Imagine a case where you want to search for a phrase such as “dog house” on the internet, the first few search results will mostly carry texts with dog house in the headline and some images of dog houses, now publish an article and put solely dog house in the text making it up to let’s say a thousand words, you would expect the article that has one thousand words of dog house would pop up first when you search but it won’t because that’s not how the algorithm works.
Getting someone that understands how all these works is not as hard as it may seem, an SEO specialist is one who is well versed with optimizing content such that they rank well in search engine results and improve your page rank. In layman’s terms, an SEO specialist is one who organises work on the internet to get better ranking.
Tips on how to choose an SEO specialist
There are a number of things to look out for when choosing an SEO specialist who will handle optimizing content for your website and content. The specialist must constantly be aware of changes and trends going on so he/she can adjust accordingly and make tweaks where necessary.
- Choose a specialist that is in tune with your goals in SEO, there are different parts which you may wish to optimize, analyse your business then act accordingly.
- Get someone who is able to track your data and trends. There may be parts of your content that are doing great already and some that are doing terribly, get someone who can take note of all the little things in the business.
- Check reviews and previous jobs to know how well this specialist works and the track record they might have, you don’t want someone who will leave you high and dry during a job. If you are considering hiring someone that is fresh of the bat with not much experience just be sure to keep tabs on, he/she.
- Make an interview and talk with who you want to hire. Trust is very important in SEO, so meet and get a feel of your specialist.
- Outline your working budget and payment plan and find out if it is okay with them then negotiate accordingly, you can choose to offer up a package deal if it suits you better.
Be relentless in your search for the best SEO specialist.